. Our Librarians have selected these online reference sources to help you answer your everyday questions.
Abbreviations & Acronyms
- Digital Atlas of the United States
- Landform Atlas of the United States
- Perry-Castaneda Library of Map Collection
Business & Government
- Southampton Chamber of Commerce
- NYS Unemployment
- Suffolk County Government
- Town of Southampton
- U.S. Citizenship Application
Calculators and Converters
Education & Learning
- Bridgehampton Union Free School District
- Informate Long Island
- Literacy Suffolk
- Long Island Talking Books
- Sagaponack Common School
- About.com – Over 500 experts give advice on wide-ranging topics on this popular website.
- Answers.com – Search a dictionary, thesaurus, encyclopedia, and other tools from a single box.
- Bartleby.com – A collection of online reference books.
- Internet Public Library – Many useful links for students and researchers.
- MeL Reference Desk – Links to hundreds of free reference sources.
- Reference.com – Links to almanacs, atlases, dictionaries, directories, and other tools. Business, legal, and medical links are highlighted.
Health & Social Services
- 2-1-1 Long Island (formerly known as Community Resource Database)
- CDC Long Island-Section 8
- Department of Social Services-Suffolk
- Dolan Family Health Center
- Family Service League
- Healthfinder.gov– Easy to use website with basic health information.
- Medicaid Info
- Medicare Info
- MedlinePlus– Health infomation from the National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health. In addition to articles on 750 diseases, conditions, and wellness, there are medical dictionaries, drug profiles, and health alerts.
See also Health and Wellness in the Databases by Subject Content Area.
- EPA.org: List of resources for recycling electronics
- Earth911.com: Find nearby recycling centers
- Dell Reconnect: Computer recycling program in conjunction with Goodwill
Statistics & Demographics
- 2000 U.S. Census
- Baby Name Wizard
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- State of the World Population 2007
- Statistical Abstract of the United States
Travel & Transportation